As soon as I posted on Facebook that I'd booked a one-way ticket to Ethiopia I was flooded with questions - questions that did not have thoughtful responses yet.
Where are are you going?
How long will you be gone?
What are you doing?
I should have known better, but alas, I'm ready to share!
keeping it short & to the point
- September 28 - Leave for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Rachel
- Time will be spent with our friends we've made on our prior trips (2011 and 2013)
- Supporting Impact Ethiopia church and their ministries, specifically the kids they sponsor
- October 14 - Fly to Uganda
- I'll split my time in three locations at orphanages supported by True Impact Ministries
- End of December - Head to Cape Town, South Africa
- Enjoy the beach, relax and explore
- Mid-January 2017 - Fly to Cambodia
- The plan is to support Child Rescue, Inc. and be a part of the orphanage and schools they have built
- March 2017 - Travel through Thailand, Vietnam and Bali
- No specific plans but looking forward to seeing as much as I can
want to know more?
If you are interested in reading more about the organizations I'll be working alongside, you can read more about what they do on my Support page. Details are also included for how to support these organizations and my hopes to help come alongside them to do more.
Empower Local People – doing things with them v. for them; help identify and build opportunities for long-term sustainability
Don’t Mess Stuff Up – understand and learn how things work in the lives of the individuals I meet
- Be a Grace-filled Individual, Humble & Kind